BS ACCOUNTING TECHNOLOGY
Accountancy is a profession that plays an important role in all societies. As the world moves toward global market economies, and with investments and operations crossing borders to an ever greater extent, professional accountants need a broad global outlook to understand the context in which business and other organizations operate.
Rapid changes have been the main characteristics of the environment in which professional accountants work. Pressures for change are coming from many sources including globalization, information and communication technologies, and the expansion of stakeholder groups, including regulators and oversight boards. Professional accountants are now expected to serve the needs not only of investors and creditors but also the information needs of many other users of financial and non-financial information.
One of the secondary products of globalization is the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry (both domestic and foreign), which has been cited as one of the fastest growing industries of the world. While customer care call centers currently from the largest part of the BPO, researchers say that financial and accounting services is becoming as highly lucrative in the BPO industry, and this falls under the practice of accountancy.
After completion of the second year, the Higher Education Institution equivalent may give Certificate of Accounting Technology to National Competency II (NC II) of the Technical Educational Skills and Development Authority (TESDA). It aims to equip students with specific skills for entry into the BPO industry and accounting profession and prepare the students for eventual entry into the regular degree program of the Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA).
After completion of the program, the graduates can pursue a career in accountancy and related professions. Specific jobs vary widely among the four major fields of accountancy: public practice, commerce and industry, government and education.
Specific sample opportunities are the following:
Entry Level Jobs
- Financial Statement Preparers
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Staff
- Management Accounting Staff
- Tax Accounting Staff
- Internal Audit Staff
- Financial Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Credit Analyst
- Cost Accountant
Middle Level Positions
- Senior Information Systems Internal Auditor
- Senior Fraud Examiner
- Senior Forensic Internal Auditor
- Financial Services Manager (Commerce & Industry and Government Sectors)
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Vice President for Finance/CFO (for GOCC's)
Concordia aims to develop fundamentally - competent, articulate, and socially responsible and technology- savvy accountants capable of leading social changes. Specifically, it aims to achieve the following program objectives:
- Has the mastery and in-depth knowledge of accounting technology.
- Deeply grounded on the value of life-long learning as it applies to accountants
- Fluent in the use of local and foreign languages to facilitate communication of accounting information.
- Strong in corporate social intelligence through business enterprises.
- Passionately integrate the mind and the heart to help the marginalized through social enterprise.
- Adept in the use of state- of the art accounting technology.
- To become leaders in the accounting profession.